Access & Facilities
Our vision is to provide a warm welcome and the highest level of service possible to ensure an enjoyable experience for ALL our customers. The facilities we provide should enable you to have a worry-free experience throughout your visit, and we constantly monitor the site to identify possible improvements.
- An induction loop is installed in our auditorium.
- There is an electric lift located at the front of the theatre to ease access to the main foyer.
- The lift is 144cm x 96cm and has a maximum loading capacity of 500kg. The roughly equates to 6 people standing, or 1 wheelchair user accompanied by 1 person standing.
- Indoor ramps create easy access around the theatre.
- 1 wheelchair is available free of charge within the theatre, for those who have difficulty using stairs.
- There are 2 priority seats for wheelchair users, one on either side of the front row. These are on a very slight decline angle.
- In case of emergency we have ‘dragmats’ located on this floor, as well as fully trained staff on hand to assist in an emergency.
- The Century Theatre has 1 accessible toilet, fitted with assistance alarms that can be activated by a pull cord. Transfer via a wheelchair is from head on only. This toilet also has an automatic light sensor.
- A lowered bar serving area.
- For evening events, the Century Theatre will have a parking team on hand who will be able to oversee the "dropping off" of people with specific mobility requirements as close the theatre entrance as is possible.
Moving around the Century Theatre
The details below will help give you an idea of the size of the venue, with approximate distances in footsteps:
- Century Theatre entrance stairs to the first floor – 9 steps
- Century Theatre stairs between first and second floor – 8 steps
- Century Theatre auditorium fire exit (Education Unit side) – 5 steps
- Century Theatre auditorium fire exit (Chiswell Drive side) – 6 steps
- Century Theatre bar fire exit – 8 steps
Should you have any specific requests, or suggestions, please contact us directly and we will be happy to help.