This notice is to tell you about why we need your information and how we will handle it.
This notice is for Century Theatre bookings, queries and marketing.
What information do we need from you and why do we need it?
There are different reasons why we need to collect personal data from you. We will only collect personal data when it is submitted by you to us either through the forms on our website or when you contact us by other means. We might collect and process personal data about you for the following purposes:
- Ordering tickets – When you place an order for tickets to one of our events, so that we can fulfil your order. You will need to provide us your name and contact details (so that we can send your tickets to you or hold them for collection) together with your payment card details (so that we can process your payment).
- Contact us – If you make an enquiry, in order to reply to your message, we will respond to you using your name and the contact details that you provide to us such as your telephone number or email address. This information will be used to answer your questions as completely and thoroughly as possible and will not be used for any other purpose unless you have requested additional services such as to join our marketing list.
- Promotions, marketing and gift vouchers – If you chose to opt into email marketing, receive something from us by post or purchase gift vouchers, we will need your name, email address or postal address.
- Fault reporting – If you contact us to report a fault with our website, we will use the information provided for the purposes of rectifying that fault in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- Surveys – If you opt to complete a survey that we use for research purposes, we will retain the information that you provide in response to that survey (all surveys are entirely optional).
Why are we allowed to process your information?
Data protection law allows us to process your information within certain conditions. In this case we are using your consent and contract agreements as the lawful condition for us to do this.
Who will we share this with?
Sometimes we need to share your information with others. We will only do this when it is necessary in order to offer you this service, or if we are required to do so by law. We do not plan to share it with anyone else or use it for anything else. When it is necessary, we may disclose your personal information to the following organisations: Newzapp (our email marketing system), Vennersys Bookings (our booking system) and Cybermedia (our website host).
How will we keep it secure?
We will take all reasonable steps to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Only the people who need to see your personal information will be allowed access to it. Data is stored securely and password protected. We will not send your information outside of the UK.
How long will we keep it for?
We will only keep this information for as long as necessary or as the law requires.
- Ordering tickets – when you order tickets, your information will be kept on our ticketing system for a maximum of two years to allow us do relevant evaluation or to ensure your order is fulfilled if you have booked tickets further in advance.
- Contact us – general enquiries will be stored securely in the WordPress content management system and Outlook for a maximum of two years.
- Promotions, marketing and gift vouchers – If you chose to opt into email marketing or to receive marketing from us by post, we will keep your details for as long as you remain subscribed. You can unsubscribe from our email marketing anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe button included in the email or if you are wanting to stop receiving marketing materials sent by post, you can request to have your postal details removed by emailing email@example.com or calling 01530 278444. If you purchase gift vouchers, we will retain the corresponding name, email address or postal address until the gift voucher is used.
- Fault reporting – If you contact us to report a fault with our website, we will retain information until the issue is resolved and for a maximum of two years.
- Surveys – If you opt to complete a survey that we use for research purposes, we will retain the information that you provide in response to that survey for a maximum of two years in order for us to the necessary evaluation.
What if something changes?
If the information you have provided changes or your circumstances change, please contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01530 278444. If we need to change something like who we want to share this information with, we will contact you to let you know.
What are your rights?
You may request to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you. The law also provides you with other rights regarding your information including some around; correction of inaccurate data, objection to processing, moving your information to somewhere else, and in some cases, getting your information deleted.
If you are unhappy with the way your data is being handled or if you need to contact Leicestershire County Council’s Data Protection Officer, please contact the Information Governance Team: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with any response you may receive from us based on a complaint or concern about your personal information, you then have the option of contacting the Information Commissioners Office to take that complaint further. The Information Commissioners Office does like to see that you have raised a complaint with the Council first and received a response before contacting them. If you do wish to contact them, the address details can be found below:
The Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)